(323) 255-5803 Apply Today
Welcome to the sixth grade with Sister Jane! I so look forward to working with you for the 2019 -2020 scholastic year. I come to you with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field of education. I have taught at or been principal of 8 different schools in the Los Angeles Archdiocese, and I was the founding principal of St. Julie Primary Boarding School in rural Uganda, Africa. This year marks my 15th here at St. Dominic School. I have a Master's Degree in the Science of Education, and California Life credentials in teaching and in administration. I am a member of the religious congregation, the Sisters of Notre Dame, and I live right across the street from the school!
If you need to contact me, you may do so at email@example.com . I will publish the homework daily on this website. I check this e-mail before and after school Monday-Friday. You may also contact me through Parent Square. I look forward to working with you for the benefit of your children during this school year.
Wednesday, Aug. 21
- Spelling - write the words 3 times each in the spelling composition book. The challenge words are: mimicked, dignifying, mimicking, staggered, dignified, staggering. Please use cursive writing. The first test will be next Tuesday and we will use cursive writing for spelling tests, and for some writing assignments.
- Religion - memorize the Angelus prayer by Tuesday of next week.
Thurs., Aug. 22
- Religion - begin memorizing the prayer the Angelus which can be found on the inside cover of the religion book. The due date is next Tuesday, but if you are ready ahead of time, you may recite it to me before or after school any day.
- Reading - complete the vocab work, make a prediction about what the selection is about, do the first reading of Old Yeller completeing pg. 7 of RWN as you read. Then complete pages 40 and 42 in the RWN
Fri., Aug. 23
- Spelling - put each of the 26 spelling words into sentences of a minimum of 8 words each. You may use two of the assigned words in one sentence as long as you show you understand the definition of the words in the manner that you use them. These sentences must be written in your spelling composition book. You may use either cursive or manuscript (printing) for your writing style. Remember, the first spelling test will be given on Wednesday.
- Religion - I have given you an extra day to memorize the prayer, the Angelus. It is now due by Wednesday of next week. Have you begun memorizing it yet?
- Book reports - I will give you the form for the report on Monday. The book must have a minimum of 150 pages of words (excluding pages with pictures). Have you selected your first book yet? Are you reading some every day? This report will be due the second week of September. You will be expected to complete one report every month for a total of 10 reports.
You are to be congratulated for your good efforts throughout the first week. Have a good weekend and I'll be seeing you for full day sessions beginning on Monday!