(323) 255-5803 Apply Today
Welcome to the sixth grade with Sister Jane! I so look forward to working with you for the 2017-2018 scholastic year. I come to you with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field of education. I have taught at or been principal of 8 different schools in the Los Angeles Archdiocese, and I was the founding principal of St. Julie Primary Boarding School in rural Uganda, Africa. This year marks my thirteenth here at St. Dominic School. I have a Master's Degree in the Science of Education, and California Life credentials in teaching and in administration. I am a member of the religious congregation, the Sisters of Notre Dame, and I live right across the street from the school!
If you need to contact me, you may do so at firstname.lastname@example.org I check this e-mail before and after school Monday-Friday.
Monday, Sept. 11
- Math - pages 60 and 61 from textbook and study for chapter test tomorrow
- Grammar - Voyages in English workbook pages 13 and 14 on possessive nouns
Tuesday, Sept. 12
- Grammar - pages 15 - 16
- RWN - pages 41, 45, 51, 53, 54, 55
- Book report is due on Sept. 18
- Spelling - are you working on your sentences? Test is on Thursday.
- Reading - finish the vocabulary and the first read of the story MRS. FLETCHER
Wednesday, Sept. 13
- Religion - pages 25-26 and study for test tomorrow
- Math - finish the test corrections which we began in class today. Remember to find page numbers from the textbook where you can find help for that particular problem.
- Reading - finish the story and Think Critical questions which were due today. Some students did not yet finish the work which was begun in class yesterday, and continued today!
- SST - complete all work for chapter one lesson 2....essential questions, workbook page, and lesson review from the textbook. Study for lesson test tomorrow.
- Tomorrow we will be correcting the RWN pages and the Voyages workbook pages which were assigned yesterday. So...if you did not yet complete the work, please do so!
Thursday, Sept. 14
- Math - 3.1
- RWN - 52, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61
- Reading - Think Critical question #5...redo it!...and study for reading test tomorrow
Friday, Sept. 15
- Math -MH 3.2
- RWN - make certain all pages for the Mother Fletcher story are completed by Monday
- Spelling - test is postponed until Monday. Sentences for 1.2 are also due on Monday. If you want to bring an outline for your spelling paragraph for Monday's test, you may do so. The paragraph must be written during the test.
- BOOK REPORT IS DUE ON THE 18TH!!!
Monday, Sept. 18
- Religion - test corrections
- Math - MH 3.3
- RWN - pages pg. 62 and 64
- Spelling - new words three times each
- THE NEXT BOOK REPORT IS DUE ON OCTOBER 18....pick out your next book of a minimum of 175 pages and start reading!
Tuesday, Sept. 19
- Math - pages 84 - 85 (complete work begun in class) and study for chapter test tomorrow
- SST - test corrections
- Grammar - pg. 17 from practice book
Wednesday, Sept. 20
- Grammar -pg. 18 in the workbook and 5 diagrams from pg. 185 in the textbook
- Sentences are due on Friday for spelling which is the day for the spelling test
- Religion - memorize the WE REMEMBERS for Friday's test
Thursday, Sept. 21
- Religion - pg. 36 and study for test tomorrow
- Math - test corrections and MH 4.1
- RWN - pages 63, 66, 68, 69, 70
- Grammar - workbook pg. 19 and study for diagramming test.